How to turn brown hair into blonde using blonde hair dye: review of L'Oreal Preference 8.5A Champagne

A few months ago I wanted to get my hair darker, because the sun had made it glassy and brassy. But my hair felt too dark and so I wanted to lighten it again. I decided to do it myself with an ashy blonde shade. So how did I transform my hair from dark brown to light brown using blonde dye like in the images above?

I went and bought the L'Oreal Superior Preference Fade-Defying + Shine Permanent Hair Color in 8.5A Champagne Blonde:

The color is safe to use on light brunette hair as you can see in the color chart:

As you can see in the results above, my hair did become light in color and very glossy from this hair dye. It was absolutely perfect: a beautiful golden silk finish, an ashy tone and a lighter! A huge plus is that straightening my hair was a lot easier all of a sudden, probably because my hair is so smooth again.

This is the view from the top, before and after.



The only downside of this hair dye for lightening your hair is probably that I think there are ashier hair dyes out there who can give you a more neutral result rather than this golden shade, which will probably turn brassy real soon. I always use a toning product like the Fanola No Orange Shampoo or the L'Oreal EverPure Toning Purple collection.

Reacties

Populaire posts